A Collaboration with American indies jrock band Rusika!
Rusika wishes for YOU to design an album jacket for their new EP!
(This EP was worked on with engineers credited to Greenday and Ozzy Osbourne).
GUIDELINES FOR THE COVER
The theme of the EP conflicts of young people in modern society: feelings of inequality, deteriorating or repressed culture, concern about people’s desire for money over justice, and similar concepts.
Basically, being a young person worried about how they will handle the future when previous generations have been greedy and selfish. The narrator of the songs who would rather use their frustration to create something artistic and productive, rather than remain angry and pessimistic.
Rusika would like the art work to reflect the feelings of loneliness and chaos, as well as hope and love.
Listen to the Rusika song samples on the page, then create your album jacket masterpiece!
Entries can be realistic or abstract, busy or minimalist artwork. They are open to anything tasteful that stays with the theme of the songs.
- A free autographed CD, featuring winners credited art work.
- An introduction of winner on Rusika’s website and Myspace page, as well as provide a link to their site or gallery if they wish to promote their other art work.
- Rusika sticker
- A unique piece of Rusika merchandise that is still TBD.
- If Rusika feels the artwork is exceptional, they may consider using it in other things, like their banners or even t-shirt designs.
START: July 15th.
DEADLINE: August 15th.
1. Submissions must be no larger than the standard CD cover dimensions—12cm x 12cm or 4.724” x 4.724” and resolution must be 300dpi.
2. Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries from one contestant will result in disqualification.
3. Anyone caught using another person’s artwork or committing plagiarism will also be disqualified and banned from the forum.
4. Upload your entries to a hosting site in order to submit your designs. Examples: www.mediafire.com, www.zshare.net, www.photobucket.com, www.flickr.com, or http://imageshack.us
5. All questions should be directed to: email@example.com
6. The title of your entry MUST be in this format before uploading
TITLE OF ENTRY – YOUR NAME.jpg/png/gif
For example: MIND JOURNEY – Susan.jpg